Thursday, January 28, 2010

Act of Kindness


Life has been passing by soooo past. Today, I finally got the courage to say "sorry" to someone I had offended awhile back. I was talking to another friend today, and she told me about the Rachel's challenge presentation that was presented at her school recently. She told me she had started to live up to it and about not holding grudges. Well, my personality is strong on holding grudges. I can't help it sometimes even though I had tried to just 'forget and forgive.' It just doesn't happen that easily. I can forgive, but it's most likely I can't forget. I would try, but it wouldn't last me for a few days. I remember when I heard the Rachel's challenge presentation. It was either in freshman/sophomore year. It was sad to hear about it and during that presentation, I remembered this one part where they told us to close our eyes and think of those people in our lives and what we would say to them if today was our last day. I seriously didn't think about it until i was reminded about it again. It makes more sense now. It's true everyone changes, and makes mistakes. People make stupid decisions, do stupid things, and hate the way things turns out to be. But if someone was to smile at you when you're having the crappiest day, it would surely make you feel alot better. I've experienced it before. You don't have to know the person, but as long as the gesture was sincere enough, it would make your day as well as the other person's day.

Honestly, I never just smiled at a stranger (maybe once in awhile I have had), but it wouldn't hurt to try. It's never too late to start. Sometimes I know I can say the meanest thing to people, but that's only cuz I'm mad or if I had learned that that person had done/said crap about me. It wears off after awhile, but I know I still say stuff that I really don't mean it. I think it takes too much energy to hold onto a grudge. People might think it's only fair that if that person wasn't nice, then why should they. So true, but there are ways to get around it. "Kill them with kindness!" <-- That's what someone told me once. And there are just people out there who are just plain mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment